Information for museum visitors
10 a.m.-5 p.m. (last admission at 4:30 p.m.)
Mondays (though in cases where a public holiday falls on a Monday, the museum will open but be closed the following weekday); when preparing for new exhibitions; during summer maintenance period; and year-end / New Year's holidays, etc.
○Admission prices (not including special exhibitions)
Senior high school students, university students: ¥700
Junior high school students and younger: Free
Groups of 20 people or more: ¥800 per person
Disabled visitors & one accompanying caregiver are eligible for a ¥200 discount
Garden entrance fee, without access to exhibitions: ¥300 (Free for junior high school students and younger)
- ・Please follow the instructions of staff when in the museum and garden areas.
- ・Admission tickets for the museum and garden cannot be exchanged, nor can ticket money be refunded.
- ・Due to unforeseen circumstances, it may be necessary to change part of an exhibition without prior notice.
- ・During busy periods, there may be long queues for admission.
- ・Please use public transport to visit the museum, unless use of a car is absolutely necessary.
- ・While visiting the museum and garden, please refrain from behaviour that may cause inconvenience to other visitors.
- ・Persons under the influence of alcohol will be refused entrance to the museum and garden.
- ・Please do not touch the exhibits or display cases.
- ・Please refrain from using mobile phones and other types of electronic equipment in the exhibition rooms.
- ・Visitors are not permitted to smoke, or take still or moving images with cameras and/or other video devices while in the museum.
- ・Please refrain from eating―including candy and gum―while in the exhibition rooms.
- ・Please restrict beverage consumption to the lobby and garden areas.
- ・It is permissible to take photographs and video footage while in the garden.
- ・Due to the risk of stains and other damage, it is not permitted to use fountain pens, brushes or other such devices while in the exhibition rooms or near exhibits elsewhere that are not in display cases. When taking notes, please use a pencil.
- ・Apart from service dogs, animals are not permitted to enter the facility. Please also refrain from bringing in hazardous or contaminative materials, or cumbersome objects such as umbrellas, etc.
- ・Please use a low voice while in the exhibition rooms.
- ・Please do not stray from predefined paths or rest areas.
- ・Please do not venture behind closed doors in the tea room or auditorium.
- ・Smoking and naked flames are prohibited in the museum and garden.
- ・Please cooperate by protecting the environment and cultural property.
- ・Please take your garbage away with you.
- ・Please exercise due care when walking along the path as it has a steep slope (with an overall height variance of up to 35 meters).
- ・Please use the umbrellas supplied at the entrances when walking in the garden while it is raining.
- ・Opening times for the garden are dependent on opening times for the museum. Furthermore, the garden may be inaccessible at certain times due to inclement weather, or after sunset.